An Invitation to Pray!
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”
Jeremiah 33:3, NIV
“What if God does not demand prayer as much as gives prayer? What if God wants prayer in order to satisfy us? What if prayer is a means of God nourishing, restoring, healing, converting us? Suppose prayer is primarily allowing ourselves to be loved, addressed and claimed by God. What if praying means opening ourselves to the gift of God’s own self and presence? What if our part in prayer is primarily letting God be giver? Suppose prayer is not a duty but the opportunity to experience healing and transforming love?”
If you are looking for ways to enhance your prayer life and enjoy the blessings that God wants to give you through prayer, please consider one or more of the following prayer opportunities. (If you are not comfortable praying out loud, silent prayers are always welcome at every prayer gathering!!)
- Tuesday Morning Prayer Group meets weekly at 9:00 a.m. in the Prayer Room. Bring prayer requests or come and join with others to pray for the needs of St. Michael Lutheran Church & School and the body of Christ.
- Wednesday “Stay and Pray” Group meets during the Confirmation hour (6 to 7 p.m.) in the Prayer Room. Stay and pray while your children are attending Confirmation Class as we pray for the needs of St. Michael Lutheran Church and School and the body of Christ.
- Prayers Right After Church. If you are willing to become a prayer team member and stay after any of our services to pray with anyone requesting prayer, please contact Virginia Hetrick (269-744-0944). (We especially need pray-ers after the 8:30 a.m. service and after Lamplight.)
- Prayer Chain. If you have a prayer request for our e-mail prayer chain, or if you would like to become a member of our e-mail prayer chain, please send us an email here.
Prayer Opportunities Beyond St. Michael:
- Kalamazoo House of Prayer. KHOP is a 24-hour house of prayer and worship where you can join with other believers in praying for spiritual transformation within our region. Worship and prayer times can be found at kzohop.org. Contact: Tammy Flick @ email@example.com
For more information regarding the above, contact Virginia Hetrick (269-744-0944) or Barbara Schubert (563-580-8975).