Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. (1 Timothy 4:12)
If you would like to receive a weekly event postcard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in camp?
Camp Concordia exists to provide opportunities for children, youth and their families to encounter Christ in the midst of God’s creation: Enriching Body and Soul and resulting in strong missional skills and actions.
- Whether singing around the campfire with your Group Retreat or leading activities for children and youth attending Summer camp, CC’s desire is to engage children, youth and families through active experiences. What does this mean?
- Encountering Jesus Christ is not done by sitting around. Jesus never taught that way himself. He moved and lived among the people. What stands out even when the people did sit and listen to Jesus speak on a hillside is when he took bread and fish to feed the people and they experienced the power of God.
- CC chose long ago to have children, youth and families do this encountering in an outdoor environment. We don’t design our programs with the indoors in mind. CC works with retreat group leaders in being creative and using outdoor experiences to grow in relationship with Christ.
- The other choice CC made was to seek to connect people to Jesus Christ wholistically – body and soul. These days we would say Spiritually, Physically, Intellectually, Emotionally and Socially. It’s all the same. We want to involve the whole person and the entire camp community in engaging with Christ.
- To engage an entire community we will always be busy trying to use sensory methods – experiential education methods – when facilitating groups, retreats and schools.
Sign up sheets/Important Forms:
Quality, Safe, Christian Camps for All Ages!
Summer happens here … at Camp Concordia … and with it all the safe, unforgettable fun; meaningful challenges; and positive relationships that camp in the great outdoors – surrounded by lakes and trees, rolling hills and rivers, friends and significant mentors – has to offer!
What do today’s youth need?
- Unplugged time with fun, safe programs, outdoor recreation, games and activities.
- Time to grow life-changing faith, build self-confidence and make new friends.
- Meaningful time spent with positive young adult role models.
We’re excited to provide, age specific programming with choices for your camper, led by a team of dedicated summer staff. Our college-age staff undergo personal interviews, referrals, background checks, and have two weeks or more of professional training before campers arrive.
Camp happens here! And as it does, children and youth discover their true value and potential; gain confidence through positive friendships, new life skills and growing passions; and most of all, deepen their faith in God through the love of Jesus!
Dr. Craig S. Oldenburg, Director
Sign up for Sr. High Texting Announcements
Would you like to receive text updates and reminders about Senior Youth Group right to your phone?
St Michael Youth Group strives to help young people grow in faith and trust of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. We provide an environment where youth of differing backgrounds can gather in Christ’s name, where all youth are accepted as sinners who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ, and can feel free to be themselves and know that they are loved by each other and the adult leaders for being a unique person that God has made. The Youth Group engages in varying activities including, Bible studies, service projects at the church and off campus, friendship time, faith building trips, mission work, concerts, conferences, fundraising and other off site and on campus opportunities to learn about and serve Jesus Christ.
Our middle school (6-8th grade) students are part of our Confirmation Program. In Confirmation the youth learn the basics of the Christian faith and begin to develop an adult life of faith. Confirmation youth participate in weekly Bible classes, servant work, weekend Confirmation Camp, and a variety of friendship activities at the church and in the community such as bike rides, beach trips, snow tubing, overnight events and concerts.
High School youth are working to develop a sound faith foundation as they prepare to enter their communities in higher education, work, military and other ways. Our goal is to help parents prepare young adults to face the joys and adversities of adult life knowing the love, strength and forgiveness of Jesus Christ. The High School Youth Group meets weekly to engage in a variety of activities from community service events, educational seminars, concerts, rock wall climbing, outdoor fun and service to our elderly members. The High School youth also participates in week long summer trips focused on mission work, spiritual exploration, leadership and community building.