Small Group Ministry
Encounter God in the Company of Friends
St. Michael Small Groups are caring communities where Christians are formed by God’s Word. Members explore the Bible together and are united in bonds of friendship and mutual support. Small Groups are places of study, prayer, service, and care.
- The Bible (read, spoken, or preached!) is a Christian’s key source of spiritual nourishment. Small Groups provide that extra opportunity and accountability for us to be fed by the Lord, helping us expand our personal understanding of the Gospel and apply God’s Word in our daily life. (John 6:68)
- The fellowship lived out in Small Groups reveals that Christians are fellow members of the Body of Christ, connected through Him (1 Corinthians 12:27)
- Learning how to rightly apply God’s commands and His promises (Law and Gospel) helps us to bring appropriate words of comfort and correction to our friends and family in daily life. (Colossians 3:16, Hebrews 4:12)
- We are motivated to share His love for the lost, inviting new people to our group, or starting new groups or reaching out in other ways. (Hebrews 10:23-25)
- Because of God’s love for us, we are also encouraged to be a blessing to others, occasionally joining together to commit to specific acts of service, such as pledging to pray for specific needs, participating in service projects, or giving time to some ministry of the congregation. (Acts 2:46-47)
Groups meet on a variety of days and times with each group having a unique demographic composition. There are groups composed of only men, only women, men and women, by age, without regard to age, etc.
If you want to grow in your understanding of our Lord’s Word, this ministry is for you. For more information, contact the church office at 269-327-7832.
(Details for 2017-2018 Small Groups Coming Soon!)